“The World Wide Web” was basically a break down of just that, the World Wide Web. Some may have found this article not too interesting as a majority of it was spent defining Web lingo (making it come off more as a science book than anything else), but it’s break down of the lingo is what I appreciated most about the article and I found myself really trying to understand the in’s and out’s of the online world.
Before this article, I always wondered what HTTP and HTML did, but always just brushed it off and just generalized them as just being somethine that makes the World Wide Web work. And I’m glad that I am now able to identify each part as it’s own entity. From what I understand the Web is basically a pool of human knowledge (something I found to be quite obvious). The Universal Resource Identifiers (URL) is plain and simple: the address for informations, webpages, blogs, etc. The HTTP indicates the address space, and defines the interpretation of the rest of the URL. And the HTML is used for the transmission of basic things like text, menus, and other online information.
Now, aside from all the terminology one other point from the article that I found interesting was how it stated that emails are the most used internet service. It then went on to state that such technologies like the television and video game consoles are giving the email a run for it’s money. This is something that I completely agree with as now you can do so much more with the television and video games.. you can search the net, call someone, video chat… all our technologies can be compiled in one console. Very interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment